David Conrad: The Blue-Eyed Wonder of Pittsburgh

Forums

Forum Home > Off-Topic > Why Are My Posts Being Flagged for Deletion?

Janice

I have posted several comments and inquiries about David Conrad recently.  I've noticed that the last several ones had a red circle --- which stands for deletion.  Why?  My comments are related to David and are not vulgar, obscene or controversial in any way.

October 11, 2013 at 11:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Waltraud P

maybe because David Conrad is a very private person and maybe some of your questions are personal

October 11, 2013 at 1:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Janice

Actually, Waltraud, my questions have not related to anything really personal about David.  Just about shows he's been on and where I can watch him.  

October 11, 2013 at 5:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Waltraud P

Janice at October 11, 2013 at 5:46 PM

Actually, Waltraud, my questions have not related to anything really personal about David.  Just about shows he's been on and where I can watch him.  

Janice like all of his fans we watch reruns of ghost whisperer and once in awhile they will show some of his movies the other night here in Massachusetts they showed wedding crasher and over the weekend they showed Men of Honor

October 11, 2013 at 5:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ms. M
Site Owner

Janice,

My name is Michelle, and I am the owner of this site. I am very sorry that some of your posts appear to have been deleted. I have spoken to my website monitor, and neither her nor I have deleted any of your posts. I am very sorry that you have been having difficulties and I wish I had an answer for you. 

As a general rule, the only posts that I or my moderator would ever delete are posts that are spam (created by spambots, especially). We also do not allow for over-intrusion into David's personal life, but generally speaking, I would address that concern publicly first so that all know the bounds of acceptability. 

That said, I looked at your post history, and while most appear fine, I did see that at least two topics were highly personal (regarding women and smoking) and might have been flagged by other members. I am not in control of others' flags, so I do not know for certain what happened. However, clearly there are some on this website who were uncomfortable with your posts regarding personal matters. Because of this, I would ask you to refrain from straying into those areas in the future. This will ensure that your posts do not become problematic in the future. As a website, we respect David's privacy - he is a human being first, actor second. Our purpose is to show support and let him know that he is appreciated - not to become a tabloid or a gossip machine. 

Hopefully this clarifies things, and again, I am sorry that I was not able to notify you before this happened. I am in midterm season at college right now and have not been able to be around as much as I would like. 

All the best,
Michelle

--

^--- is one of the most phenomenal acting jobs I've seen him do. The physical transformation (facial expressions, etc) from Sam to Jim was absolutely amazing. 

October 11, 2013 at 7:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Janice

Michelle, I think it's only natural that a fan is going to be curious about a celebrity they are interested in.  Under no circumstances, however, would I ever want to invade his privacy.  It's a question of decency that I would want to respect at all times.  But to say that a person does not need to know even a little trivia about David; i.e., his hobbies, general interests and causes, puts a damper on getting to know him as a person.

October 12, 2013 at 11:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Freda Johnson

I agree with what both Michelle and Janice are talking about.  Even though as fans of David we respect his privacy, however, we appreciate knowing him as a person too to bring him in to a reality of his talents that tripped our triggers to begin with.  The more new current events he would like to share with his fans, the more support he gains.  So lets all pray for him and us all to have a very blessed 2014.  It's a new year for new beginnings in love, dreams and hope!

January 4, 2014 at 2:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

2412 views - 0 comments
2196 views - 0 comments
2204 views - 0 comments