David Conrad: The Blue-Eyed Wonder of Pittsburgh

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Caution spammers

beachmom

Hi everyone,

just got the following email from a member that has no profile picture, joined this site today, i'm suspecting it's a spammer. Did anybody else get such mail?

[email protected]

Hello

I saw your profile today and it was so good to me.you know that i am interested to be your friend first.please i will like you to contact me direct to my e-mail address, ([email protected])i will give you a full introduction of my self with my pictures OK. i will be waiting for your mail to my e-mail adsdress([email protected]) as you know

there is no age,race,color n religion bar when it comes to know each other,

cares Comfort.

March 29, 2013 at 7:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Janice

beachmom at March 29, 2013 at 7:00 PM

Hi everyone,

just got the following email from a member that has no profile picture, joined this site today, i'm suspecting it's a spammer. Did anybody else get such mail?

[email protected]

Hello

I saw your profile today and it was so good to me.you know that i am interested to be your friend first.please i will like you to contact me direct to my e-mail address, ([email protected])i will give you a full introduction of my self with my pictures OK. i will be waiting for your mail to my e-mail adsdress([email protected]) as you know

there is no age,race,color n religion bar when it comes to know each other,

cares Comfort.

Yes, I did too.  In fact, this is not the first time this has happened.  I received a spam email about three months ago, from this website.  I find this very disconcerting but I don't know how it can be prevented.

March 29, 2013 at 7:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

JuliaOz

Hi ladies,

yes I had this too. It is a pain, but the info/name etc makes it pretty clear what it is.

Would be nice to stop it, but I guess so long as we're all vigilant, we should be okay.

I would say that this message header was different from any 'real' messages I've had from this site.

March 29, 2013 at 7:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

beachmom

Thanks for your feedback girls,that makes me feel a lot better. I really don't understand the stupidity of these people really......

March 30, 2013 at 1:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

beachmom

just to be safe, I edited my profile a bit, no real name and pic any more;-)

March 30, 2013 at 2:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ms. M
Site Owner
Hey guys, Sorry to hear about this (again). Cari and I try to keep an eye on this and stop it immediately, but sometimes it is difficult. Unfortunately, with websites like this, it's easy for spammers to target. Just ignore messages like that and point Cari or I in the direction of the offending profiles. They're harmless, just annoying. - Ms. M
--

^--- is one of the most phenomenal acting jobs I've seen him do. The physical transformation (facial expressions, etc) from Sam to Jim was absolutely amazing. 

April 1, 2013 at 1:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Born Confused

Yeah, I got one of those, too.

--

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye." ~ Miss Piggy

Normal is just a setting on your washing machine.

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.  Then when you've earned their trust, beat 'em.

April 1, 2013 at 5:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sharon H.

I did get the same message/email twice from this supposed member. It is strange that the exact message was sent out to so many of us. Oh well, as long as we all recognize the little quirks that occur here! Have a great rest of the evening everyone!

--

Sharon H.

[email protected]

April 7, 2013 at 8:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

2412 views - 0 comments
2196 views - 0 comments
2204 views - 0 comments