David Conrad: The Blue-Eyed Wonder of Pittsburgh

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > The Mound Builders - DC Photos

Lil

http://www.broadway.com/shows/mound-builders/photos/the-mound-builders-show-photos/184232/show-photos-the-mound-builders-david-conrad-danielle-skraastrad-lisa-joyce

http://www.broadway.com/shows/mound-builders/photos/the-mound-builders-show-photos/184229/show-photos-the-mound-builders-david-conrad-janie-brookshire-danielle-skraastad

March 3, 2013 at 12:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

steelergirl
Did you get to see the play and if so how was it?
March 3, 2013 at 7:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Waltraud P

steelergirl at March 3, 2013 at 7:50 PM

hi Steelergirl thank  you about the article of mound builders I wish I could go and see the play but I live in Rockland near boston Ma and it is a 5 hour ride to NYC and than I would have to stay overnight I any one of david conrads fans saw or will see the play I wish they would comment on the blue eyed wonder  of pittsburgh thank  you

--
March 3, 2013 at 8:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

steelergirl
I didn't post this article about David's play. But if I do find anything about this or anything else he does I will be sure to post it. The pictures from the play are great. I had to take a second look at David. He looks good. Would live to see the play.
March 3, 2013 at 9:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

JuliaOz

Thanks Lil, for posting these fab pics. I agree with Steelergirl that David looks great. It's nice to see him doing theatre, which we know he loves. He's obviously a fan of Lanford Wilson. Hope someone gets to the show and lets us know how it is.

March 4, 2013 at 4:23 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Lil

steelergirl at March 3, 2013 at 7:50 PM

Hi steelergirl,

I didn`t see the play, unfortunately. 

March 4, 2013 at 12:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

steelergirl
I wish he would do another play here in Pittsburgh. It's a lot of fun seeing him doing what he loves in his own city. And the response he gets from the audience is really nice.
March 4, 2013 at 1:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ms. M
Site Owner

Hey guys! Thanks for the heads up about this play! I had no idea; college has been super busy so I haven't been able to scour the web as much as I used to, and somehow this slipped past my radar. Funny story, I'm actually going to be in NYC this weekend for the Big East tournament (Go Hoyas!); if we win our game on Thursday, we'll actually get to spend a day or hopefully more in the city, and my boyfriend agreed to go see the play with me, so if all goes well (Go Hoyas!), I may actually get to go to this and report back to y'all. No guarantee I'll get to run into David, but hey, I'll try. :)

--

^--- is one of the most phenomenal acting jobs I've seen him do. The physical transformation (facial expressions, etc) from Sam to Jim was absolutely amazing. 

March 10, 2013 at 7:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

steelergirl

Hi guys I just put a picture in the general pics photo album of the first day of rehearsal for The Mound Builders. Enjoy!

March 10, 2013 at 10:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

JuliaOz

Awesome photo, Steelergirl, thanks so much for posting. I've missed that smile! Michelle, if you did happen to catch the play, that would be amazing. Fingers crossed, but enjoy your time in NYC anyway.

March 14, 2013 at 3:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ms. M
Site Owner
Update: We won our game, so I will be going to see David's play tonight! Hopefully I'll get to say hi; I'll let you know how it goes!
--

^--- is one of the most phenomenal acting jobs I've seen him do. The physical transformation (facial expressions, etc) from Sam to Jim was absolutely amazing. 

March 14, 2013 at 5:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Waltraud P

Ms. M at March 14, 2013 at 5:17 PM

Update: We won our game, so I will be going to see David's play tonight! Hopefully I'll get to say hi; I'll let you know how it goes!

congratulation on winning your game what game to y ou play my granddaughter goes to worcester state university she plays volleyball basketball and now is does track as I said I live near boston and new  york to far away I hope you will let us know how the play was I wish they would have it on a DVD for david fans both here in the USA and outside the USA hope you will meet him in person to say hi thanks again for seeing the play

--
March 14, 2013 at 8:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ms. M
Site Owner

So: 

First off, the show was FANTASTIC. Absolutely brilliant. Phenomenal. Lanford Wilson is a genius playwright. (Fun fact, this is the SECOND show of Wilson's that I've seen David do; Burn This was also a Wilson piece!) It was completely and utterly depressing at the end, but it was absolutely brilliant.

Second: I did get to see David. We got to the theater really early, and there is a cafe/bar in the main lobby area where people can spend time before shows. My boyfriend and I got there really early since we finished with dinner early and it was cold outside, and David was just sitting at the bar reading a newspaper, so I went over to say hello. It was, unfortunately, such short notice that I wasn't able to prepare anything, but I did get to chat for a good five minutes or so. He did remember me after I reminded him of the site, which was a plus, since it's been about...2 years? ... since I saw him last. (Whenever the Carnegie event was.) It was nice because it was super informal, I just asked how things were going, and he told me that things are going well, that he's just readjusting to NYC but that he really likes it up here. I mentioned that I was here for the Big East tournament, and he said that he was actually going to go today, had he not had their final day of rehearsal. He asked me about the scores, and then we lamented over Pittsburgh's loss today to Syracuse. (I believe he said something about the coach going to be known forever as the guy who kept getting to the edge but couldn't get over it.) They finish previews at the end of this weekend, and then go into the "actual" run of the show (though honestly I saw no difference, I thought it was absolutely fantastic!). 

Anyway, it was a fantastic show - and anyone in the NY area before the middle of April should definitely try and go see it!

--

March 15, 2013 at 12:23 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Cari

Love love love! So glad you got to go!

March 15, 2013 at 12:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

JuliaOz

Amazing news, Michelle. I'm so glad you got to see and enjoy the play (David is obviously a Landford Wilson fan) As for running into David at the bar:D Wow, talk about meant to be. It's nice to know that he's doing well. Thanks for posting. Wish I could see the play too...one day...

March 15, 2013 at 4:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

beachmom

Hi Michelle, thanks so much for the info, i'm so glad you got to meet David again:) Did he move back to NYC or is it just because of work? This man is just plain awesome, rarely seen anyone that is so polite and takes time for his fans as he does.

March 31, 2013 at 7:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Born Confused

LUCKY DUCK!!  And congrats on the win.

--

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye." ~ Miss Piggy

Normal is just a setting on your washing machine.

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.  Then when you've earned their trust, beat 'em.

April 1, 2013 at 5:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

2300 views - 0 comments
2093 views - 0 comments
2084 views - 0 comments