David Conrad: The Blue-Eyed Wonder of Pittsburgh

Forums

Forum Home > TV Shows > Top 5 Fave GW Episodes

JuliaOz

I've just been rewatching some GW & thought it might be fun for people to post their all time favourite episodes. Mine are: The Night We Met, Threshold, Wings of a Dove, First Do No Harm and The Woman of his Dreams. There are other great moments but these have something special. (Okay so I have  a bit of a theme going- but I know you'll understand why)

Julia

August 10, 2009 at 10:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Suneeta a.k.a Miss S

Hi Julia,

I've been watching GW episodes on the internet as I dont have them here. I've started from Season 1 and have watched a few but couldnt get On the Wings on a Dove. Is there any place where I can watch that one?

--

From across the ocean... :)

August 11, 2009 at 2:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Suneeta a.k.a Miss S

I've seen Threshold and that's good. I like the Leap of Faith too. That was what I was waiting for... I havent watched the others you mentioned yet.

--

August 11, 2009 at 2:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

coline jayne paige

defiently the night we met has to be in the top three am still watching series 4 in england so am sure there are great episodes to come.

August 14, 2009 at 9:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Cari

The Crossing (S1), The Vanishing (S1), The Night We Met (S2), No Safe Place (S3), and Imaginary Friends & Enemies (S4)

--

Ca

August 14, 2009 at 12:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

JuliaOz
Suneeta, I hope you've found more Eps. on line. I am totally challenged when it comes to that stuff and wouldn't have a clue. Thank god for DVDs! I love Cari's choices too. That moment in the hospital when he asks her not to leave him! Watching S2 now and really like the way Jim got to help out so much; it's great fun.- Julia
August 16, 2009 at 2:28 AM Flag Quote & Reply

countrygal

The top five for me, are the ones with Jim just being so "Jim" Loving, caring and so darn cute.

"The Vanishing", (please dont leave me, as he is leaning in and putting her rings back on her hand)

"Shadow Boxer" (When is standing by the ring with Mel in the end, and allowing her to cover her eyes so she couldnt see the fight, the smile on his face made my heart pitter patter)

"Giving up Ghost" ( when Jim comes slamming into the store and saying how he wants to punch Justin for hurting Mel) We all wish our husbands are like that so protective.

"Stage Fright" (when they are having ultrasound, and he looks at the monitor and says "That's a baby") The look of total amazement, priceless.

"The Book Of Changes" (When Jim whispers in Mel's ear, "You can't Kill Love") We all wanted to cry with Mel.

Also any other show where Jim is being the "perfect" husband.  Now I will look forward to season five when he is the "Perfect" dad. 

August 16, 2009 at 9:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Suneeta a.k.a Miss S

Hi y'all,

I'm still catching up on GW episodes of Season 2. Just watched Deja Boo yeaterday. That's the one where Mel thinks a ghost character is going to re-incarnate as her baby.

It was so touching and Jim was amazingly loving, caring and supporting as a husband. Do husbands like that really exeist in real life? Do men like that really exist in real life???? If so...I'd like to really know....

--

August 26, 2009 at 12:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

JuliaOz

Hi Suneeta, isn't that a lovely episode?:) I just rewatched it earlier this week. You're so right: supportive, loving, amazing partner, the Jim we all love so much. I hope there are some men like that out there but I don't know...Just as an aside did you know that the guest star in that episode, Monica Keena worked with David on Snow White: A Tale of Terror. Lucky girl.- Julia

August 26, 2009 at 1:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Suneeta a.k.a Miss S

Really? I didnt know. Was she the one who played the part of the sister? That's lucky isnt it, to star with him twice... 

--

August 26, 2009 at 10:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

JuliaOz

Very lucky indeed! Monica played the pregnant friend. There really are so many great Eps. especially in S1 & 2. It's hard to choose the best. I agree with Cari & Countrygal about The Vanishing- great scene in the hospital.

August 26, 2009 at 6:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Born Confused

I can't pick a favorite episode, but my favorite seasons are definitely 1, 2 and 4. I would like to say, though, that I wish they had done more flashbacks of when Jim and Melinda were getting to know one another.  I realise season 4 was supposed to kind of do that, but that was Sam.  Jim believed Mel the minute she told him of her gift, and I was hoping that at some point, the writers would bring that backstory to the screen (they certainly did with Andrea finding out for the first time).

--

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye." ~ Miss Piggy

Normal is just a setting on your washing machine.

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.  Then when you've earned their trust, beat 'em.

August 5, 2011 at 5:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

dilmad2

Born Confused at August 5, 2011 at 5:53 PM

I can't pick a favorite episode, but my favorite seasons are definitely 1, 2 and 4. I would like to say, though, that I wish they had done more flashbacks of when Jim and Melinda were getting to know one another.  I realise season 4 was supposed to kind of do that, but that was Sam.  Jim believed Mel the minute she told him of her gift, and I was hoping that at some point, the writers would bring that backstory to the screen (they certainly did with Andrea finding out for the first time).

Hello Born Confused, I have watched GW from the first episode orginally aired and am still watching it today.  My favorite episodes are The Night We Met and Heart and Soul. I agree with you that they should have gone farther with their early relationship like when Melinda told him about her gift.  Heart and Soul just because it is these to who are so attracted to each other from the beginning but Melinda can't act on it and Jim (Sam) doesnt understand why.  It would be nice for the network to at least finish the show.  The last two episodes Jim and Melinda were barely speaking to each other let alone acting like they loved each other!!

August 5, 2011 at 9:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Born Confused

You know, I was thinking about episodes I liked, and I realised...there's a great scene in the season 3 finale, when Mel's mother comes to their place and tells her her the truth about Tom Gordon and Paul Eastman.  After she says "And well, I suppose you know the rest", Jim has just had it.  Do you remember that?  He REALLY lets Mel's mother have it, family relations and her personal baggage be damned.  I watched that scene, and it was really REALLY done well...Beth's shock and realisation that Jim is right, Jim being really pissed off, and if you look carefully, Mel's reaction to him telling her mother off.  David did that scene EXTRAORDINARALLY (sp?) well, and I saw Jen's reaction from the side, and she looked completely amazed/shocked, too.  And it's one of those scenes where, again, you realise that the ONLY person other than her grandmother and Andrea who has truly helped, supported and stood up for her at her most vulnerable.  And this is someone who can't even SEE what she sees, and yet has complete faith.  That's a lot to ask of a person.  It's almost like religious faith, in a way...do you think everything out there is completely random, or is there some order to the chaos of the universe, and that there is a higher being who is responsible for it all?

To quote from the first episode of season 3, "Wow, that was kinda heavy.  I'm kinda exhausted now!"

Oh, by the way, call me BC.  Born Confused can become quite a mouthful (or typeful) after a while. :P

--

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye." ~ Miss Piggy

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.  Then when you've earned their trust, beat 'em.

August 8, 2011 at 12:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

MG

bc- waves hi!

i believe there is an order to everything, but only a small amount of people have the ability to see this, once a person realizes this, they understand a lot of things a whole lot better.

i can do this, because i have that ability though.

and i did think that episode where David lets her mom have it, i was shocked, he really is a great actor too.i guess that what makes him so versatile.

my fav is when Melinda is stuck underground near the grate and Jim rescues her and to her disbelief, he say " just call me JIm" it was a tearjerker moment.at that moment, she really had him back!

--

yes those are my real initials:)

August 8, 2011 at 7:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

dilmad2

Hi  BC and MG, I think the scene wih Jim telling Melindas mom off is a great scene!  He tells her off without even really raising his voice!! That is the first time u really see Jim get really upset.  I like the whole episode "Leap of Faith".  That is a great part when she realizes he is Jim again.

August 9, 2011 at 8:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

kayote

I have my favorite episodes too, but all in all I think the first 2 seasons are the best, because there are still a lot of fun moments between Jim and Mel.  I've been working on working on Screen Caps for my favorite fun moments/ scenes. will post them in the Photo Gallery- TV section  as I come across them.

I'm actually trying to focus on getting as many "smiling" shots as I can. I think there are not enough GW shots where we see Jim smile, he has the kindest eyes when he smiles.

Most are coming from season 1 and 2. Will start adding those this week.

August 10, 2011 at 6:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

MG

dilmad2 at August 9, 2011 at 8:23 PM

Hi  BC and MG, I think the scene wih Jim telling Melindas mom off is a great scene!  He tells her off without even really raising his voice!! That is the first time u really see Jim get really upset.  I like the whole episode "Leap of Faith".  That is a great part when she realizes he is Jim again.

Hello!

yes, thats one of my favorites.that and i almost forgot, when melinda and "sam" go on a road trip, when he is in the truck and tells her "your kind of amazing" you know at that time he really care for her.

--

yes those are my real initials:)

August 10, 2011 at 7:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Born Confused

That episode was fun to watch...bar fight and everything.  And the episode Stage Fright was also fun...I think the writers of the show really had a ball writing that scene when the soap actors are on stage answering questions from the fans in the audience, and someone asks about killing off one of the main characters, and the answer the producer/creator of the show gives.  Very parallel with Jay Mohr's story AND of course David's as well.  There's a scene in that episode where Jim catches Mel watching the soap on her laptop at home and he teases her about it...SUCH a joy to watch after, like, 10 episodes of angst/longing/attraction-but-no-idea-why-I-feel-this-way ridden plot.

Seasons 1 and 2 are DEFINITELY fun.  Season 3 was darker, and while Mel and Jim are obviously still close, I think the writers took a more serious tone with their relationship.  You know, like when he's thinking of a career change, or when he thinks the ghost of someone he couldn't save is haunting him/Mel and Mel tries to protect him but ends up botching it, or the whole baby thing, and of course her father showing up and playing mind games with her.  I don't know, I just felt like there was a lot more serious, real life issues that they brought up that the two have to deal with, but it still brings them closer together...only to almost lose it all in season 4.

And the whole telling her mom off without raising his voice thing is much more powerful than having someone tell you off while yelling at you.  There's this hidden power behind it, something that's really dangerous and yet kept in check, and contrasting angry words with a quiet voice really packs a punch as opposed to having someone angry at you and yelling at you.

--

August 11, 2011 at 1:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.